I adore Autumn… it is the season that makes my heart sing and is the gateway to the most wonderful time of the year. I don’t know what it is but whenever I picture my childhood, it is always enveloped in a crisp autumn day. Maybe its because I’m an autumn baby? Perhaps its because its filled with celebrations which conjure happy family memories for me.
Whatever the reason- I’m an autumn lover and proud! I love nothing more than the cosy outfits and steaming hot drinks!
Are you like me? Come on, I know you are really…. are you a basic autumn b*tch? (pardon the language!)
Well…. if you don your uggs with pride whilst sipping a red, hot PSL then read on and see how many of these autumnal MUSTS you will be ticking off this year…
- Make a beautiful autumn vegetable soup and curl up with a loaf of tiger bread and enjoy!
- Get those cosy bed socks on- you know you’ve been waiting all year to get them out or, if you’re honest, you’ve most probably been wearing them since August- I have!
- Sit in the garden with a steaming mug of tea and watch the leaves fall from the trees and listen to birds tweeting away to each other- breath it in!
- Get those wellies out!!!! It is now the season where it is acceptable to wear your Wellington boots as a fashion statement! Go forth and wear those wellies with pride!
- Celebrate the first ‘woolly hat day’ of the season! Get your padded jacket, Uggs and blanket scarf ready, pick out the perfect wooly hat and strut your stuff! For extra ‘Basic’ points, snap a selfie and Insta it!
- T’is the season of PSLs, Pumpkin Spice Lattes to those who have been living under a rock, so head to your local coffee shop of choice and grab yourself a mug of the hot nectar of the autumn Gods!
- Candles, candle and more candles! Oh, did I mention candles? Light ALL the candles! Fill your home with the sent of ‘conkers’ (WTAF????) and the glow of a thousand tea lights- snuggly, autumn nights rock!
- Buy a pumpkin! Ever since I grew up and realised that pumpkins were the way for Halloween lanterns and not turnips (!), I also began to follow the mantra ‘A pumpkin isn’t just for 1 night, its for a whole season!’
- Cinnamon it up!!!! Porridge for breakfast? Add a sprinkle of cinnamon! Apple pie for pudding? Add a sprinkle of cinnamon! Ice cream for a treat? Add…. you get the idea!
- Got those wellies or Uggs on? Now go forth and kick up some autumnal leaves!!! Who says jumping in leaves and puddles is just for kids? Autumn fun is for everyone!
I’ve already made a good start on the list- check out my Insta @confessionsofatryhard to keep up with progress and feel free to tag me in your autumnal Instagram snaps too!
I’ll try hard not to indulge in too many PSLs… is that even possible?
Until next time,
Mrs T Xx